The makers of Padmavat, through front page advertisements in newspapers on Monday, listed disclaimers clarifying that the movie never had dream sequence featuring Alauddin Khilji and Rani Padmavati, and that it is a movie every Indian will be proud of.
Padmavat Official Trailer –
The movie’s producers — Bhansali Productions and Viacom18 Motion Pictures — officially announced that the film will hit the screens on January 25 with due modifications suggested by the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC).
“Padmavat is a film that every India will be proud of. Please visit your nearest theatre on January 25 to experience it yourself,” the makers stated, which has the movie’s poster, featuring lead actress Deepika Padukone.
Here are the points ‘clarified’ by the makers of the Sanjay Leela Bhansali directorial, which also features Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh in pivotal roles:
- The film Padmavat is based on the epic Padmavat by Sufi poet Malik Muhammad Jayasi. It is a revered work of fiction.
- The film does not have and never had a dream sequence between Alauddin Khilji and Rani Padmavati.
- We have made this film as tribute to the famed valour, legacy and courage of Rajputs.
- The film portrays Rani Padmavati with utmost respect. It does not tarnish her repute or misrepresent her character in any manner.
- The film has been cleared with only five modifications by the CBFC. It is officially approved for release in India with a U/A certificate.
- There are no further cuts or modifications to the film.
- We are grateful to the government authorities, CBFC, film fraternity and our fans for their support.